Mobile Marketing forum Singapore
Two days of good content and meeting up with good people. Covering some sessions that I liked in particular.
Here are the two days in pictures:
- Sandy Agarwal from Nokia with a good presentation on “Mobile advertising networks as a full service offering”
- Danilo J Mojica- Director SMART Communications- some really pragmatic talk (in the speaker session as well as the panel discussion he was a part of) on how carriers could adopt and use mobile marketing- with the perspective of his experiences with SMART in Philippines. I have had some interactions with the mobile marketing team at SMART in the past- and found them to be doing the right stuff- they are an example to look at- for any carrier aiming to use mobile marketing seriously
- Dilip Mistry from Micrsoft: One of the better presentations of the day. Very relevant, focused and great content- his main slide from the presentation below it. He highlighted a point very very efficiently- a point that I have always believed in, but had to explain the long way. He succinctly defined it in one sentence “think mobility not mobile”
- A slide from Andy Zain- Founder of Mobile Monday Indonesia- again a good presentation giving a glimpse on mobile marketing and adoption in Indonesia- special mention to his ‘Price wars’ slides in Indonesia- with jest and impact
- Forum on Mobile Marketing realities from an Indian perspective (John Kerr from Edelman as the moderator and Vinay, Sandeep and Ranjan representing the Indian mobile market): I personally thought a lot could have been done in this discussion- lesser impact than I thought could have been there. Sameer from Indiagames pitched in at the end of conversation to make a good point on how mobility in India had a lot more to offer in terms of mobile internet ready phones and adaptation in the Indian market
I again realized how bad the compact digital cameras are when it comes to photo taking in less light- though I like my Panasonic Lumix because of compactness, looks and 25mm lense, it lets me down on videos and photos in less light. Anyhow, hoped to have covered the sessions that I attended and liked.